According to 2011 Annual Report of the International Narcotics Control Board (INCB) released globally in Vienna, which country figures high in online dope trade?
- India ( 151 Kg illicit drugs recovered from 152 parcels in 2011)
What are the harsher punishments for traffic violations according to the amended Motor Vehicle Act approved on 1st March, 2012 by government?
- For drunken driving the increased fine will range from Rs 2000 to 10,000 and imprisonment from six months to four years. For using mobile phones while driving fine raised to Rs 500 for first offence and Rs 2000 to Rs 5000 for subsequent offences.
India and which other country with long coastline have agreed to hold first ever maritime talks?
Who is appointed new Air Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Training Command, IAF in Bangalore on 1st March,2012?
- Air Marshal Rajinder Singh ( Born in 1953 at Palampur, H.P)
Recently a pin shaped device suspected to be a remote electronic listening device was found in whose office?
- In the office of Defence Minister AK Antony on 16th Feb, 2012
Who has been appointed as the chairman of the monitoring authority that is supervising the investigations into 22 alleged fake encounter killings in Gujarat during 2002-06 by the Supreme Court on 2nd March,2012?
- Retired judge HS Bedi
Who will be Pakistan's new cricket coach?
- Former Australian batsman Dav Whatmore
Who will be the next Army Chief after General VK Singh, retiring from service on 31st May,2012?
- Lieutenant General Bikram Singh (second-ever Sikh, after General JJ Singh (retd.) to command the 1.3 million strong Indian Army)
When did the Army successfully test fired the 290 Km range BrahMos supersonic cruise missile at the Pokharan range to operationalize the second regiment of the weapon system in service?
- On 4th March, 2012 ( One regiment of the 290 Km range BrahMos consists around 65 missiles, five mobile autonomous launchers on Tatra vehicles and two mobile command posts, among other equipments.)
Who clinched the first women's Kabaddi World Cup championship title after defeating Iran?